Finding the Time to Spring Clean
Believe it or not, spring is here. This means it will be time to start spring cleaning. But who has the time to do added cleaning chores?
If you don’t have the time to clean your house from top to bottom, focus on these five tasks that will make the biggest impact. You can even get a jump on some of them during the last weeks of winter.
1. Clean windows, inside and out.
When cleaning your windows, wipe them inside up and down, and the outside left to right. If you end up with streaks, you’ll know which side they’re on. But if cleaning your windows is something you’ll never find time to do, call us for help ServiceMaster of Fraser Valley. We can check that item off your to do list.
2. Clean out gutters and downspouts.
Use a leaf blower, or simply scoop out the debris and blow out the remaining dirt with a hose. Regular maintenance of this overlooked area helps prevent rotting and water damage to your house.
3. Clean kitchen appliances.
- Oven: If you have an oven with an auto-clean cycle, it’s important to wipe out any big spills first to prevent flare ups. For manual cleaning, try using a natural paste of baking soda, water and liquid dish soap.
- Stove top: Use a toothbrush to remove softened food from around the burners, knobs and dials. If applicable, replace old burner pans with new ones.
- Microwave: You can loosen up the grime beforehand by heating a cup of water inside the microwave for about three minutes. Add baking soda or lemon juice to the water to eliminate smells.
- Refrigerator: Wash outside and inside; cleaning the inside with a degreaser or scouring pad. Replace that old box of baking soda with a fresh one.
- Dishwasher: Remove baskets and debris from the bottom. Wipe down the inside of the door and top and bottom racks. Run the empty machine on its highest temperature setting without detergent for a thorough rinse.
4. Don’t forget to look up!
Search for cobwebs in corners, around fireplaces, on top of lampshades and light fixtures, and between windows. Dust can also collect on ceiling fans, especially if you never turn them off, so clean each blade.
5. Clean carpets and rugs.
Carpets accumulate a lot of dust, dirt and even fungi over time, all of which are unsightly, unhygienic and can be potential health hazards. Further extend the life and appearance of your carpets as well as banish those really stubborn bugs and stains with regular deep cleaning. Call us now to get on the schedule at 604-853-8779 or 604-824-6689.